Sanskrit : World’s Oldest Language
Being a Bharatiya, I am proud to write this article on sanskrit, Swami Vivekananda said one day “Bharat Mata would be Jagat Guru”, how true it is ! We taught to the world how to speak, we taught to the world how to write, our Vedas,upanishads has references to most of the modern scientific inventions, We knew solar system, galaxies thousands of years ago and what not ?. Every Indian is proud about what our country has given to the world.
I must say the best thing among all our contribution is sanskrit, There is lot lot to know about sanskrit, I just started learning and I am enjoying. I thought to share my understanding and importance of sanskrit in couple of articles.
How old Sanskrit is ?
Vedic sanskrit is being the oldest, dating back to as early as the early second millennium BCE. This qualifies Rigvedic Sanskrit as the oldest. Classical Sanskrit is the standard register as laid out in the grammar of Pāṇini, around the fourth century BCE.
Interesting Facts About Sanskrit Language:
- Improvements in Concentration Level : learning sanskrit and speaking in sanskrit language improves our concentration level, If we take current generation, our kids has concentration of maximum 3min – 4min. But study has revealed that (an experiment conducted by Vyoma Labs Banglore ) a student learning sanskrit and speaking in sanskrit has gained concentration level upto 15min – 20min.
- As Medicine : Research has proven that probability of Alzheimer disease is less if sanskrit is being used for speaking.
- Brain Gym : While speaking in sanskrit our both hemisphere of brain will be used which is a great exercise for your brain ( reference : Brains of verbal memory specialists show anatomical differences in language, memory and visual systems ).
- If English language has 25million words, sanskrit has 105million+ words, in fact lots and lots of Vedic scriptures have lost due to many reasons, so we can not give exact number.
- Sanskrit is not just a plain language like any other language, it is logical and mathematics involved within it Example : Just see how the words in sanskrit are formed, it is called as vyakarana (व्याकरणम् )
- NASA looking at sanskrit for their work on artificial intelligence – (Ref : NASAKnowledge Representation in Sanskrit and Artificial Intelligence )
- NASA wish to work with sanskrit scholars – (Ref : http://www.ibtl.in/news/international/1815/nasa-to-echo-sanskrit-in-space-website-confirms-its-mission-sanskrit/ )
- There is evidence that Pāṇini’s work in this area influenced modern linguists like de Saussure and Chomsky.
Well the list continues and I am still collecting lot of data on sanskrit, but don’t you think these interesting points motivate you to start learning sanskrit ?
Definitely it is great to find a very good Guru to learn sanskrit, but you can quickly start your learning sanskrit using these mobile apps and video links. Currently I felt these sanskrit learning mobile applications are really great for me to start.
Best Mobile Applications for Learning Sanskrit
Sanskrit Alphabets in Android Mobile : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vyoma.baalaamodinipremium.Varnamala&hl=en
Learning Sanskrit Verbs : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vyoma.kriyapadaani
Using Sanskrit Vocabulary : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vyoma.padajatham&hl=en
Learning Sanskrit for Kids : Stories & Rhymes in Sanskrit – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vyoma.baalaamodinipremium.kathaah&hl=en
And there are many more : https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Vyoma_labs&hl=en