When trying to connect to Amazon AWS RDS from local machine using MySql Workbench , if you face connection issue like error: Failed to Connect to MySQL at with user Kindly follow below steps
Follow setting up security group : Refer
Then set public access try by following these steps
To change the Publicly Accessible property of the Amazon RDS instance to Yes:
1. Verify that your VPC has an internet gateway attached to it and that the inbound rules for the security group allow connections.
2. Open the Amazon RDS console.
3. Choose Databases from the navigation pane, and then select the DB instance.
4. Choose Modify.
5. Under Network & Security, choose Yes for Public accessibility.
6. Choose Continue.
7. Choose Modify DB Instance.
DB Import Error due to Triggers :
ERROR 1419 (HY000) at line 918: You do not have the SUPER privilege and binary logging is enabled (you might want to use the less safe log_bin_trust_function_creators variable)
To fix this issue follow steps
- Open the RDS web console.
- Open the “Parameter Groups” tab.
- Create a new Parameter Group. On the dialog, select the MySQL family compatible to your MySQL database version, give it a name and confirm. Select the just created Parameter Group and issue “Edit Parameters”.
- Look for the parameter ‘log_bin_trust_function_creators’ and set its value to ’1′.
- Save the changes.
- Open the “Instances” tab. Expand your MySQL instance and issue the “Instance Action” named “Modify”.
- Select the just created Parameter Group and enable “Apply Immediately”
- Click on “Continue” and confirm the changes.
- Wait for the “Modifying” operation to be completed.
- Again, open the “Instances” tab. Expand your MySQL instance and
- expand “Instance Action” tab and select “Reboot”.